Next: The Digitized Sky Survey
Up: The Leicester Database and
Previous: Potential conflicts with the
The LEDAS Website home page can be found at: http://ledas-www.ledas.ac.uk/.
A number of services are available from our home page including,
- General information on LEDAS, including this document, newsletters, usage statistics and contact information.
This is also where the latest details on updates and additions to LEDAS data holdings and services, and up-to-date service announcements are posted.
- The Archive Network InterfacE (ARNIE). This HTML form based system
allows the user to browse the LEDAS database collection. ARNIE has an
on-line tutorial which takes the user through the system, but it is
designed to be fairly intuitive to use. The user can search a selected
database by applying filters to the database parameters, then use the
system to extract any on-line products over the network, or request any
near-line products stored on the LEDAS CD-ROM jukebox. Images in gif
format can be displayed directly.
- Links to our software download services. Currently, the Ginga data analysis software archive, HEAsoft, PIMMS and the Chandra data analysis software (CIAO) can be downloaded from LEDAS.
- Links to home pages for the ASCA, Chandra, Ginga and ROSAT archives. These pages provide access to the complete range of support information for these archives, including mission descriptions, user guides, products descriptions and image galleries.
- The Digitized Sky Survey Image Browser. See the next section.
- A search engine allowing word searches over the entire LEDAS Website.
Appendix B is a complete site map of the LEDAS Website presented in tabular form.