EINLOG - Einstein Observation Log
The EINLOG database contains the Einstein observation log, a complete list of
all Einstein observations and observing modes. The database is an online
version of the 4th edition of the Einstein observing catalog.
The Galactic Longitude of the target.
The catalog entry number.
The date on which the observation began.
The declination of the target.
The instrument requested in the proposal. The instruments are:
* IPC - Imaging Proportional Counter
* HRI - High Resolution Imager
* SSS - Solid State Spectrometer
* FPC - Focal Plane Crystal spectrometer
* G10 - Objective grating spectrometer, 1000 l/mm
* G05 - Objective grating spectrometer, 500 l/mm.
The Galactic Latitude of the target.
The target designation.
This is the observer number. For Einstein guest investigators
this is the number assigned by NASA to the original proposal. Numbers 1 -- 5
indicate observations by the Einstein principal investigator groups as follows:
* 0 - Center for Astrophysics
* 1 - Columbia Astrophysics Laboratory
* 2 - MIT
* 3 - Goddard Space Flight Center
* 4 - guest observations in general
* 5 - calibrations and tests.
The Right Ascension of the target.
The `sequence number` parameter contains a running sequence number representing
the order in which each observation proposal was entered into the observation
The time of observation.
The time in units of 1000 s in the processed image (note this time is zero for
the non-imaging instruments).
Questions regarding the EINLOG database table can be addressed to the
HEASARC User Hotline.
If you have any problems, please consult the help
page or mail email@example.com